Saturday 2 May 2020

Limericks

On Friday when it was Room 24's google meet, Deb Cramer gave us a challenge. And that challenge was to make a limerick. A limerick is where you write a story with 5 sentences and the 1st, 2nd and 5th sentences rhyme where the 3rd and 4th rhyme. It is similar to a poem.  Here are 2 that I made!

  

1. Sarah skips among the trees
2. Gathering up colorful leaves
3. She starts to sing a song
4. And the birds start to sing along
5. As she gently feels the Autumn breeze


1. There was once an ordinary cloud
2. Who wasn't comfortable around crowds
3. Colors he would vomit
4. A rainbow would come from it
5. Of which made him proud


Here is a picture that inspired me for one of the limericks.



My mum also helped me with these limericks. What story is your favorite? Have you ever tried doing a limerick? BLOG YA LATER!😁



6 comments:

  1. Kia ora, Leilani. I really liked your second limerick about the cloud. Limericks are meant to be a bit silly, as well as funny which is why I liked that poem. Limericks are not always easy to write, so well done for writing two. Did you enjoy writing them? Which of the two poems do you like the most, and why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Thank you for commenting on my blog! I wanted to write a silly one and also just a normal one. Like I said my mum helped me and she helped me a lot. I like things that rhyme so I did enjoy making them. My favorite is also the last one because it's funny, but I also like the first one because you can really visualize the scenery.
    Blog Ya Later Sarah! Leilani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ka pai Leilani. I love poems and these limericks are amazing. I like that you shared your inspiration and gave your mum credit for helping you. I think we might need an Ako Hiko poerty contest. What do you think? Check out thes epoems by Rael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil. Thanks for commenting on my blog.
      I wanted to give my mum credit because she helped me with this a lot. Yeah, maybe you should do a Ako Hiko poetry contest!

      WOW!🙊 Rael is next level with her poems! Thanks for sharing that with me, she inspired me a bit.
      See ya Phil! Leilani.

      Delete
    2. Great. Did you leave her a comment? I'm sure she'd love to hear that you inspired her! I gave her this link link to a poetry slam video. If you're keen to try maybe you could suggest it to your teacher or organise one yourself with some classmates?

      Delete
    3. Hi Phil, yes I did leave her a comment, and I did say that I was inspired by her work. Thanks for the link, yes I will show Nicole Mills this site.

      BLOG YA LATER! Leilani.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.