Thursday 23 July 2020

Why is Sir Edmund Hillary famous?

Hello! This week kauri team have been learning about 20th century explorers. We have mostly been focusing on Sir Edmund Hillary. Room 24 had to answer this question: 
Why is Sir Edmund Hillary Famous?
Here is why I think he is famous.


  • Most people see him on the $5 note, but this is only in NZ.
  • He was the first person to climb to the top of Mt Everest
  • He got knighted by Queen Elizabeth ll.
  • He built the first school in the Himalayan Mountains, Nepal.

Those are some of the reasons why I think Sir Edmund Hillary is famous. 

Why do you think Sir Edmund Hillary is famous?
BLOG YA LATER!😊

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lani it is me Ariella-Brooke ( or what you call me Ari).
    I really like your blog post about why Sir Edmund Hillary is famous and the reasons are very reasonable so I think those answers are some of those reason's why is is famous ( I am using reasons a lot ).
    I think he is famous because he reached the Summit of Mt Everest and he is on the 5$ note but I didn't think about those reasons.
    Ka Pai😀😀

    Thanks for sharing your learning you should come check out: My Awesome Blog

    Blog ya later
    Lani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.