Monday 4 May 2020

Dry Land

Here is another one of my writings. Hope you like it!


I was holding my canvas and easel, looking for some ideas for what to paint, when I turned the corner of these solid rocks, and saw an abandoned pirate ship slowly leaning downwards! 
Swiftly, I stood up my easel, threw the canvas on to it, and enthusiastically started to paint this soon to be masterpiece!
I made sure to get every single detail on the land and also on the mysterious ship. The paint brush gently slides up and down the textured canvas. Colors filling the picture with joy! And the ship making the picture look unrealistic.

Orange and black skies start to appear above me, making me nervous and my stomach rumble. Suddenly, the heavens opened, and it started to pour down onto my art work. BAM! CRACKLE! Goes the thunder and ZAP! Goes the lighting. We all know what comes after lighting and thunder…! DRIP! PLOP! The rain makes colorful splats on my piece of art. Which makes it look like a person just stepped right over it! What a waste of precious time, and precious paint. 😔😩

5 comments:

  1. Did you know you have used onomatopoeia in you writing? This means a word that suggest the sound that it describes such as BAM and PLOP and ZAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Haines, thanks for commenting on my blog post!
      I know what those words are for, but I didn't know what they were called! Thanks for teaching me something! BLOG YA LATER! Leilani.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Leilani, thank you for sharing your writing with us. I can see that you have put a lot of effort into this. Well done for thinking about the words you are using - the descriptive detail helps to bring your writing 'alive' and makes it interesting for the reader.
    Spelling tip: colour/colourful (color is the preferred spelling in America)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Whysall. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I do spell it that way (colourful) but there is always an error correct. Thanks for telling me this, now I can just ignore it!
      BLOG YA LATER! Leilani.

      Delete
    2. Hmm ... I wonder if we can change that error correct to New Zealand (or British) English? You may like to ask your teacher about this - she is great with blogs.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.